Monday 17 May 2010

Working Hard

I seem to have slipped a bit with the blog - I have been working hard at my college final project.  It is coming along very slowly but I can give you a sneak preview of some of the samples...

'Paper' made from red cabbage, boiled and  pressed

Strips of leek, boiled and pressed

Strips of courgette with grated carrot, boiled and pressed

All of these vegetables have dried into very nice 'paper' and it is quite easy to do this flat - it is less easy to coax them into the lovely shapes of my plaster moulds but I am working on it!

2 comments:

  1. I will be interested as to how it all looks after you have used the moulds. I made some 'paper' from onion skins once but nothing as adventurous as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my - I especially love the red cabbage. I don't like to eat it (although I do a pretty mean braised red cabbage with apple and cider that my family insist on at Christmas) but the colour always seems wasted on food!

    ReplyDelete

Helen Smith, artist and maker in glass, print and stitch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails