Thursday 2 June 2011

Distracted

So, I have a new printing press which I had been waiting really impatiently for, and what happens?  I get distracted by a bag of woolly bits!


I find weaving on a small scale like this to be really calming and therapeutic, and, after all, things have been rather hectic round here lately!  I think this piece might make quite a nice little brooch when it's finished, with the addition of a button perhaps, and maybe some beads along one edge... what do you think?

Weaving

I haven't neglected the printing completely - I made up these 3 little test plates, here all ready for their shellac coating.

 
And I decided I wasn't all that keen on the composition of the plates I made the other day, so I cut one of them in half


and chopped the top and bottom off the other one.


Maybe a little drastic, I shall let you know how they turn out!

6 comments:

  1. The weaving is lovely! Would make a fantastic brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to get distracted sometimes - only it happens to me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks very good to me.

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bottom plate, and nodded knowledgeably about the shellac (I haven't got a single clue what it is...) - and as for the weaving, did I tell you I've splashed out on a new flower loom? I've got flowers all over the house now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece of weaving, like the printing stuff too look forward to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I love getting distracted too! And it can feed-back nicely into what you're 'meant' to be doing ;-) Lovely work :-)

    ReplyDelete

Helen Smith, artist and maker in glass, print and stitch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails