I think I've mentioned before (once of twice!) that my prints are going into an exhibition this week. A nice feature of this exhibition is that the exhibitors put out their sketchbooks for the visitors to look through.
Now since a lot of my prep work for the prints have been test prints I haven't been working in a book - can't put a book through the press! So I have been collecting together all the bits I have done, the transferred photographs I started with, the charcoal drawings I did, the test prints from the plates that worked and the ones that didn't really, and of course the plates themselves.
And I've bound them together into a book.
Well I haven't actually included all of the test prints because there were so many of them... but a representative selection!
I toyed with the idea of adding a little colour here - decided against it. Although it's something I will probably come back to in the future.
This print was one where I applied the ink with a roller rather than rubbing it on. It's really surprising how different a print can look just by changing the way the ink is applied. In the end I didn't use the roller for any of my final prints, it didn't seem to suit the soft landscape look I was after.
And I also mounted (most of) the printing plates and included those too. Hopefully they won't make peoples fingers all inky - I have cleaned them, but still...
Hanging tomorrow... the exhibition details are here, do pop along if you can!